Bio of Timothy Krupica:
Timothy V. Krupica M.S.Ed.
WALDEN UNIVERSITY – BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – 2008
· Masters of Science Degree in Science Education; Grades K-8 with Honors
WHEELING JESUIT UNIVERSITY – WHEELING, WEST VIRGINIA – 2004
· Bachelor of Arts Degree LAUT Honors
· Multidisciplinary Studies/Elementary Education
· Summa Cum Laude
· Graduated 3rd in class
BISHOP DONAHUE HIGH SCHOOL – MCMECHEN, WEST VIRGINIA – 2000
Lakeview Golf Resort and Conference Center ; Golf Operations Manager (2013–Present)
- Assists in day to day golf operations
- 4 ½ Years Golf Pro-Shop Experience
- Sales and Merchandise
- Training and Development of New Pro-Shop and Golf Carts Staff
- Merchandise Sales and Organization
- Multi-Site Golf Operations (2 courses)
- Inventory Planning & Control
- Merchandise Markdowns & Allowances
- Customer and Member Services
- Employee Training and Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
- Pro-Shop Precision and Exemplary Cleanliness
Moved through to increasingly more responsibilities based on strong operating, team building, organization, and leadership performance.
Achieved high merchandise sales in multiple day to day golf operations throughout the season.
Improved new golf hires duties and responsibilities through clearly defined effective best work practices.
Earned ‘Employee of the Month’ each seasonal golf year. (2014 and 2015)
- Kappa Delta PI (International Honor Society in Education)
- Alpha Sigma Nu (National Jesuit Honor Society)
- Phi Alpha Theta (National History Council Honor Society)
- Alpha Mu Gamma (Foreign Languages Honor Society)
- West Virginia Space Grant Scholar
- WJU Gloriam Award for Academic and Leadership Excellence
- Wheeling Jesuit University Chronicle Magazine Special Article
- Herndon Observer Special Article
- Young Astronaut Council Member
- National Air and Space Society Member
- Smithsonian National Associate Member
- National Geographic Education Foundation Member
Attended the week long Space Academy for Educators at Huntsville Alabama, which included authentic astronaut training simulators and activities developed to promote learning in a classroom setting. Curriculum includes NASA-inspired lesson plans and is correlated to the National Science Education Standards.
Earned 15 hours of Continuing Education credit and got access to a NASA website with lesson plans, standards and tips needed to adapt many of the workshop activities to individual class environments. http://www.spacecamp.com/space/educators
CHALLENGER LEARNING CENTER – Wheeling, WV
Student Assistant Flight Director/Space Camp Counselor
WHEELING JESUIT UNIVERSITY/CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
West Virginia Space Grant Scholar
Conducted studies in a controlled science lab for research with NASA
- Landscaping projects
- Car Detailing
- Car Mechanical Work and Maintenance
- I LOVE Golf——-Playing all 50 states challenge with my brother—currently we are at 19 states. Favorite Golfer is Jack Nicklaus—-Favorite documentary is “Jack” about Jack Nicklaus on the Golf Channel.
- Xbox Live Black Ops3
- Apollo Flights to the Moon —I have read a ton of material and books on the flights to the Moon; Favorite Film is Walking on the Moon Magnificent Desolation.
- Favorite TV Shows include Game of Thrones, Dual Survival, Top Gear, House Hunters, Americas Got Talent, Expedition Unknown, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Westworld, and Mysteries of the Unknown.
- Love all state parks especially the ones in West Virginia.
- Love all things Apple especially iPhone and iPad.
- Avid eBay user for buying and selling golf equipment and apparel.
- Catholic background is very important to me as is my faith—one of my favorite quotes from Scripture is “Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.”
- Played Golf in college at Wheeling Jesuit University.
Volunteer at Special Olympics
Proud supporter donator to Goodwill and Appalachian Outreach
Weightlifting and working out are some of my hobbies
I also love my Fitbit; my goal is to do 10,000 steps daily— I am currently on a record streak of 110 straight days of 10,000 or more; best record is 320 days.
To contact Timothy Krupica, visit this page